Thursday, November 15, 2012

"I am all yours, my Queen, my Mother and ALL that I have is Yours."

"I am all yours, my Queen, my Mother and ALL that I have is Yours."

This is the Legion promise that legionaries have to recite yearly during out general assembly mass. It has been a nerve wrecking event always as we have to profess our faith in front of the congregation. I don't blame anyone if they decide to whisper or decided to just recite it off the sheet.

Well, but if we dissect and look at the word more in-depth, I feel that its a statement which I find it challenging to uphold all the days of my life. To give my life to the Catholic faith, to consecrate my life in the arms of our spiritual Mother (Mary) and allow her to nurse me like how she nursed Jesus. Allow her to lead me to the way, and the way who is Jesus. To acknowledge I am nothing without my faith, I am nothing without God, but with God, I am a child, a beautiful child of God.

Well, today, I received a call to say that my grandpa is ill and he is getting admitted to the hospital once again. My mum had to call the ambulance even. Being overseas, I am not shocked as I have many experience with hospital events over the past 5 years. Also, my grandpa has been in and out the hospital for the past 6 months. Firstly was just cardiac failure, next was infection and bladder issues which led to him having to be catheterised...No one knows what will happen next, only God knows, and I guess the only thing I can do is really to pray and trust God in whatever situations that is going to happen next.

So, I am all yours, my Queen my Mother, and ALL that I have is Yours. My mother, nurse me to trust in your child, nurse me to grow to be like Jesus. Teach me to persevere in faith, help me to see things beyond the current situation, but to look at your son for grace and mercy always.

Guide me in all that I do
Make haste to prompt me and shield me from sin
Protect me from all dangers and harm
Bless the people near and far from me
Shower and spread your arms around my family back home.

Amen

No comments: